With tight margins, volatile markets, and changing customer demands, retailers and wholesalers can’t rely on intuition alone to drive growth and adapt to change. They need data-guided insights. Retailers are turning to Tableau to give them the visual analytics insights to respond to the demands of the industry.
Over 80% of the top 100 retailers and over 7,000 retail and consumer goods companies around the world trust Tableau to help them understand their data and take action.
• Transition from product-centric to customer-centric retailing
• Understand and act on customers’ changing behaviors (online comparison/shopping, social networking, mobile apps, etc.)
• Identify customers with propensity to spend and in which categories (wallet share)
• Identify where wallet share is being lost, to whom and why
• Increase granularity and speed of analysis to act on customer insights
• Multichannel ─ enable customers to conduct transactions through multiple channels (physical stores, online stores, catalogs, direct mail, email, mobile apps, etc.)
• Omnichannel ─ multichannel with focus on seamless customer experience through any and all sales channels
• Integrate and analyze data, processes and supply chains to optimize all sales channels
• Identify “right price” based on competition, brand image, market basket, etc.
• Fulfill unmet customer needs
• Set effective promotions
• Minimize margin leakage of markdowns
• Improve overall margin performance
• Synchronize supply with demand
• Optimize inventory across all sales channels
• Identify items at risk of stock outage or overstock
• Shift excessive inventory to alternate locations
• Minimize transportation costs
• Increase collaboration with customers, merchants, marketing and suppliers