Manufacturing is an industry with many moving parts: human resources, raw materials, capital investments, production equipment, logistics—not to mention ever-changing customer demands. Data gets created at every turn, but it often stays in silos, limited in its utility. This holds true for all manufacturers—whether aerospace and defense, automotive, industrial machinery, or mill products.
With Tableau, you can quickly blend and link similar data to gain decisive results in seconds—compared to hours or days with programming-intensive methods. Use what you learn from your manufacturing analytics to improve process efficiency, centralize production monitoring, better serve your customers, and turn real-time data into just-in-time insights.
• Improve context-based decision making ─ the ability to connect, federate, aggregate, analyze and contextualize data from multiple sources into useful and timely information
• Increase combinations of business and operational analytics, especially for managing performance metrics to drive financial improvements
• Deliver detailed operations data directly from the plant floor to the boardroom in a way that’s easy to analyze and understand
• Improve visibility, control and innovation across business processes
• Monitor, report on and analyze asset behavior, such as interactions between assets, environmental conditions and usage and opportunities to improve business models
• Explore predictive scenarios, plan and implement additive manufacturing enabled by high-performance computing and big data analytics
• Improve integrated digital manufacturing ─ encompassing product lines, business processes, supply chains and business models
• Align operational technology and Big Data with IT ─ increasingly through “Cloud First / Cloud Also” strategies ─ to increase innovation, time-to-market, and business agility
• Increase the use of embedded technology for smart products and services
• Connect people to an unprecedented level of visibility into factory operations and supply chain flows
• Connect processes to enable faster information flows, process decisions, and market responsiveness
• Connect data from software systems and new types of sensors, actuators, cameras, RFID, etc. in context to help people and machines make fast, right decisions